SOLD OUT / ANGEL INVESTING 101
Experienced angels and venture capitalists will share their war stories and best practices... and answer YOUR questions. Whether you are an entrepreneur with a growing business or an investor evaluating your next move, this evening is for you.
Date: November 14, 2013
Time: 6:00PM Registration / 7:00PM Presentation / 8:00PM Networking
Place: TigerLabs, 252 Nassau Street, Second Floor, Princeton, NJ
(Please note that TigerLabs is, unfortunately, not wheelchair accessible.)
Sponsors: Insperity, SorinRand, and TigerLabs
Registration: WE ARE SOLD OUT FOR THIS EVENT, SO EMAIL US AT
IF YOU WISH TO BE PLACED ON THE WAITING LIST.
NO TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR.
A panel of experienced angels and venture capitalists will share with you the best practices of angel investing and help you avoid potential pitfalls. Collectively they will address topics such as:
- How to assess opportunities (idea, team, valuation)
- Should you require a full-blown business plan and what to look for
- How to source great deals
- How to build a portfolio of startup investments
- How to add value to a portfolio company
- What to do when your portfolio startup pivots
- When should you think about exits
- How to make the most out of angel group participation
- How to collaborate effectively with other angel groups
YOUR REVIEW OF CERTAIN MATERIALS IN ADVANCE OF THIS EVENT IS STRONGLY SUGGESTED to ensure that all participants begin with the same level of understanding. Obviously, the purpose is to maximize the benefit that you and other attendees receive that evening. Please review this twenty-five minute video and associated slide deck on Angel Investing 101 recently delivered by one of our panelists, David Teten by clicking here. Seriously, don't skip watching this... You may be quizzed.
Our panel of experienced entrepreneurs will consist of:
- Allon Bloch, CEO of mysupermarket.com
- Jason Glickman, Founder and Chairman, Tremor Video
- Aaron Price, Entrepreneur At Large at DFJ Gotham Ventures
- Ari Raban, CEO of phone.com
- Gina Tedesco is an active investor and co-founded three successful start-up ventures
- David Teten, HBS '98, Partner with ff Venture Capital, and
Founder and Chairman of the Harvard Business School
Alumni Angels of Greater New York
Who are the HBS Alumni Angels?
The Harvard Business School Alumni Angels organization is comprised of Harvard alumni interested in investing in high-potential early stage companies. Globally, they have over eight hundred members in eleven local chapters who have invested in more than one numdred companies since 2007. The HBS Alumni Angels of Greater New York serve the the NY/NJ/CT/PA/DC region. Since being founded in late 2010, this local chapter has grown to be the second largest angel group in New York and has invested $2.9 million to date in sixteen companies. Learn more by visiting their website by clicking here or contacting David Teten by clicking here.
- INSPERITY is a leading provider of human resource and business performance solutions. They offer the most comprehensive suite of products and services available in the marketplace. Learn more by visiting their website by clicking here or contacting Alex Robinson by clicking here or calling 917-342-6557.
- SORINRAND combines a commitment to the highest-quality legal services with a businessperson’s practical, results-oriented sensibility to meet the needs of the emerging growth and middle-market sectors. Lean more by visiting their website by clicking here or contacting Dror Futter by clicking here or calling 732-839-0403.
- TIGERLABS provides a flexible co-working venue for emerging startup companies. It also offers startup educational workshops and events which are open to the community. TigerLabs is conveniently located on Nassau Street in downtown Princeton. Lean more by visiting their website by clicking here or contacting Bert Navarrete by clicking here.
Organizer: The Harvard Business School Alumni Angels of Greater New York and
The Harvard Club of Princeton
Cost: $35 Harvard Alumni / $45 Non-Harvard Alumni & Guests
ADVANCE REGISTRATION REQUIRED / NO TICKETS
WILL BE AVAILABLE THE NIGHT OF THE EVENT
Tickets: Click here to buy tickets!!!